Monday, October 25, 2010

Exploding Glass

Tonight I was trying to heat up some dinner. Some leftover steak, snow peas, and rice. I place the plate in the microwave and only do 30 seconds at a time. After about the third cycle of the 30 seconds, I decide to check the food to see how warm it is. As I'm taking the plate out of the microwave, it was making a strange hissing sound. Just as I think "Wow, that's a weird noise," the glass shattered. I watch as it cracks, then breaks against the hard tile floor, not knowing how, or where to move to, since I'm barefoot.
I ran and got a pair of shoes and to lock my dogs in the other room because, with my luck, they would decide to eat the glass. I grab a broom and start sweeping the kitchen. The glass made it's way into every place possible. It was in our dining room, under the stove, the sink, and the counters. Although I didn't get to eat what I knew would be a delicious dinner, and I had to then clean the whole kitchen, the glass exploding had to be one of the coolest, and scariest, things that's happen to me in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment